One can fairly predict that we spend one-third of our lives sleeping in our beds, which is why the need of buying a proper bed must not be underestimated. Just as important as many other purchases in life that you make, risking your investment on a bed is also a key purchase. According to the figure, approx 4 million or more beds are sold every year, and the most popular among all are the double beds.
One reason to buy a new double bed could be shifting into the new house, and the other could be headaches, muscular pains or backaches caused due to your old bed. While thinking of purchasing a new double bed, money should not be the first thing that should come into your mind. If you want a durable and a quality bed that can stand strong for years to come, then you will have to make sure that you have spared a good amount to make your purchase. So, when you are finally prepared to spend your savings, then do consider the following bed frames available in the market, making it easier for you to decide wisely:
1. Divans: Divan bases form the most popular choice, because of the creatively tailored castor wheels for mobility or the upholstered feet to create some space beneath. If you have a compact room-space, then divans can support a great deal of storage underneath, without compromising the quality of comfort. Here are the two basic types of divans that are most prominently found:
- Sprung Divans: These, have springs mounted on the frame which act as a shock absorbent and thus they secure their place as the most luxurious type of double bed.
- Solid divan top: These frames are cheaper because of the firm bed top and thus offering less amount of comfort.
2. Slatted Bases: These kinds of bed frames for double beds can either be flexible or rigid. The flexible bases are made using the softwood to provide the flexibility. The level of flexibility can be varied according to the personal choice. The gap between the two slats must not be more than 9-10 cm, to ensure quality, the reason being, the closer the slats are, the stronger the bed is.
3. Bedsteads: These frame styles look very modern and can be found in any material ranging from wood to metal. One most important thing that one should consider is that, before buying a mattress for such frames, taking an appropriate measurement of the dimensions is a must. These may be spring based or firm based.
4. Adjustable frames: These can recline easily from 90 degrees to 180-degree. With the growing fondness of these type of double bed frames, one can sit and read or recline and nap or even sleep straight, all in the same bed. This unit proves to be more multi-functional when some of them have a massage capability in them. The bed can make you move forward or backward or up and down at ease so that you are conveniently able to use your bedside table. These type of beds are mostly completely upholstered. Although theses devices are electrically operated, yet they do not harm the human body.
5. With Head-boards: These are those type of bed frames that have a head rest attached to them, and therefore, these tend to create the focal point in your bedroom. They have a casual divan base with the headboard that may be upholstered or non-upholstered as per your wish. The material used as the headboard dominates the look of your bed, therefore, pay close attention to the color and texture of the headboard, so that it blends well with the room decor.
6. Bunk Beds: Children love these style of beds, where they can sleep with their siblings without having to share their bed. Some parents also use this one for saving the floor space.
Those were some most prominent types of the bed frames available as the double beds. All you need to do is recognize the space available and account your comfort needs, to make a balanced decision without having to regret shortly.